Six Sigma Green belt training provides a comprehensive understanding of Six Sigma and lean methodologies. In this training the participants learn, understand and employ integrated tools for organizational-wide lean process improvement. The participants, after the training, will be able to participate in lean six sigma projects to bring significant cost savings to an organization. This training is essential for passing the Six Sigma Green Belt certification examination. The participants will take the certification exam from ASQ. Please go to asq.org for further information. The Certification Exam is $359 without a membership or $209 with an ASQ membership at the time of writing.
2013 Class Schedules - We are now offering this class twice a year because the Local Exam is in early June and December most years but you must get your application in about 6 weeks or so before that time. We are also offering the training only on weekends at this time due to popularity. See the application due dates below. The next date that will be offered will be for the June 2014 Exam. Class days are spaced out to give you time to practice for the Exam. This is an open book Exam. Click here
for training benefits.
You will have small amounts of homework during the week so you can practice the problems you will need to be able to solve in the Exam. Practice is very important. Data is taken from some of the previous exams. When class ends you will be able to take this open book Exam with a high comfort level. The Exam is offered not long after you finish training. You will be able to take the Certification Exam not long after the class ends. The Exam is offered twice per year in the Seattle Area and DC area. Exam dates are identical for both areas. Training is not available in the DC area at this time.
You will have a total of 35 hours of learning while maximizing your prep to take the Exam. You will finish with enough time to do more review if you wish. If you don't have a 4 year college degree, do this class
first - a 5 hour prerequisite because you need an extra 5 hours of training.Training Locations:
(1) Bellevue, WA - SmartPath LLC, 2018 156th Ave NE, Bellevue, WA 98007. Parking is free at this location.
(2) Live Video Conference Sometimes - Please order your class at least 3 business days in advance so we can send you your materials!
(3) Washington, DC for Group Training: SmartPath LLC, 1050 Connecticut Ave NW, Floor 10, Washington, DC 20036. Click here for directions and DC Metro & Parking Information & Instructions
(3) All available greenbelt exam datesTo guarantee your seat, don't wait! Many people join 6 weeks in advance. To Register for Class, Click on the "Add to Cart" button above and join the class now! Payment will be required at the same time. If the class is showing it is still available for you to join, although it is may be necessary to register at least 14 - 21 days before the first day of class to get a seat or to hold the class date. Group discounts are for groups taking the class on the same day.
You may use either a credit card, or debit card or PayPal.
(1) Bellevue WA - Six Sigma Exam Information or for other Local ASQ Sections:
Next local Exams To Bellevue, WA (These are the dates for all ASQ Local Sections and International Sites):
December 7, 2013
June 7, 2014
December 6,2014Application deadlines for Bellevue WA Local Exams:
For Dec 7, 2013 Exam:
Application Deadline - October 18, 2013
Late Fee Deadline - $50 - October 23, 2013
For June 7, 2014 Exam:
Application Deadline - April 18, 2014
Late Fee Deadline - $50 - April 23, 2013
For Dec 6, 2014 Exam:
Application Deadline - October 17, 2014
Late Fee Deadline - $50 - October 22, 2013
(2) Washington, DC for groups - scheduled by appointment: SmartPath LLC, 1050 Connecticut Ave NW, Floor 10, Washington, DC 20036. Click here for directions and DC Metro & Parking Information & Instructions
Exams are the same dates as shown for Bellevue WAPre-requisite to training:
If you have a College Degree: None.
If you have a school diploma or equivalent: Please take the Six Sigma Yellow Belt first followed by Green Belt. You need a minimum of 40 hours of training without a college degree. Both these classes together will give you your contact hours.Learning Objectives
Understand statistics and its application in Lean Six Sigma projects.
Learn how to lead a Lean Six Sigma process improvement project.
Utilize Lean Six Sigma concepts in an organization.
Apply Lean Six Sigma concepts to the overall business mission and objectives.
Use DMAIC five-step process improvement to organize process improvement activity.
Use process improvement techniques, including design of experiments, within the DMAIC model.
Organize the organizational factors for a Lean Six Sigma project.Six Sigma Green Belt Class Outline
Six Sigma and the Organization
1. Six Sigma and Organizational Goals
2. Lean Principles in the Organization
3. Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) in the Organization
Six Sigma - Define Stage
1. Process Management for Projects
2. Project Management Basics
3. Management and Planning Tools
4. Business Results for Projects
5. Team Dynamics and Performance
Six Sigma - Measure Stage
1. Process Analysis and Documentation
2. Probability and Statistics
3. Collecting and Summarizing Data
4. Probability Distributions
5. Measurement System Analysis
6. Process Capability and Performance
Six Sigma - Analyze Stage
1. Exploratory Data Analysis
2. Hypothesis Testing
Six Sigma - Improve and Control Stages
1. Design of Experiments (DOE)
2. Statistical Process Control (SPC)
3. Implement and Validate Solutions
4. Control PlanYou Will Receive
Class Materials - ASQ's CSSGB text book.
Certificate for 35 hours of contact training
35 PDUs if you have a PMP® or PgMP® credential
Free small snacks, coffee and tea
One hour for lunch on week day or weekend training
Free parking (at the Bellevue Site; DC click here
) , coffee, tea and small snacks provided for onsite trainees
Nothing to buy. Just bring a notebook and pen to class.