PMP(R) Certification Exam Prep, The Steps To Passing at SmartPath LLC. SmartPath LLC offers PMP Exam Prep, which are 35 hours of project management certification training in order for you to pass the PMP Exam. See this page
if you are a SmartPath LLC PMP trainee.
Updated 3-25-18. The V6 exam started 3-26-18, and in most states it is offered 7 days per week.
The Steps to Passing by Nereda Haque, PMP
1. There's No Prior Prep Required: You are busy and have limited time. There are no prior reading requirements nor assigned exercises, and no book purchases. You will get everything you need to pass in class. You already bring your experience to class, that's what you need for Exam approval along with our 35 hours of training. But don't use your experience to pass the PMP Exam. It's likely your experience will conflict with what you will find in the PMI PMP Exam. Your experience is useful for Exam approval, and you make know the meaning of some industry lingo. But leave it at that.
We suggest use a notebook during class so you don't need to write on your workbook. In class, you will receive everything you need to pass the PMP Exam both materials and the Online Quiz Practice Subscription for up to 30 days on day 3 of class. If you took project management training aligned to PMBOK® Guide,
(Project Management Book of Knowledge®), 6th Edition and the PMP Exam Outline, make sure you understand the new role emphasis and new skills for the V6 exam! However, if you were not taught enough information previously, you may take a few days to become familiar with SmartPath LLC's materials after class each day (we prefer you take 10 to 15 days), and crank out the over 2,200 questions you will have online, as these questions will instruct you as well as test you proportionately across all areas. SmartPath LLC will help you prepare for the PMP Exam. So take 5 to 10 days and prepare well. And we are there for you to answer your questions over the phone or via email. Also, we recommend getting some rest after class. Best heuristic is to make the Exam appointment within 15 to 20 days following class unless your busy life limits your time, then taking a few weeks is a good idea.
If you are preapproved and have lots of gaps in your project management experience with limited terminology exposure, then take a few days extra to submerge yourself in the materials. We don't require anyone to take the Exam the next day, although people do it. We say, do it when you are comfortable! This way you can pass the first time! No need to do it twice! Best Exam plan is not to delay too much though - 1 to 2 weeks max for Pros familiar with the terminology and PMI Processes and 1 or 2 weeks extra if you have gaps.
Spend time understanding exam practice questions as there's no real exam questions for you to practice. You will get use to picking out key words, recognizing a context and the process group you are in. SmartPath LLC has created about 1967 questions from every area of the materials so you can get proportional learning.
Why proportional learning is important - We cover all the areas in our materials. If you exercise cognitive thinking while doing your quiz practice, you will really learn well: You will have a stronger comfort zone for passing. Get all 1900 questions
done. We like online practice because you can see how long it's taking you and have a chance for "simulated" practice." Aim to finish all of these within 30 days while they are FREE. If you need more practice, online extensions
are free starting as little as $39. Score doesn't matter as much as whether you understood it or not after you did it.
Take the Exam while the information is "fresh" for you! Resit areas that you need more help with. However, don't take the Exam without studying or without memorizing Workflow 12 or all of the formulas you will need, or if you have not practiced backward and forward passes. If you have many gaps and just want to firm things up, then by all means take an extra week or two. In our experience, people get derailed when they leave it too long. For Example: new projects come up and now you're working six days per week and are totally slammed. Or some family event happens and your thoughts and energy are totally hijacked for a while.
2. PMP Exam Approvals & Your Experience Submission: (If you are already approved to take the Exam, you will skip this step.) In class we will go over the submission "how to" and you will be encouraged to finish accumulating your projects descriptions and information before the training is over, putting it onto the PMI website. Then you will save it as a PDF and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org for Review. Then you can submit it before you come to the last day of training. What you need are the following:
(a) name of the project; location address of your project
(b) name of your manager or colleague who will vouch for your training, along with their phone number and email
(c) start and finish date of the project
(d) your training dates
(e) create a 350 to 500 character description of the project using proper terminology from Workflow 12.
The Project Management Institute has made this application process so easy now.
3. Seek Understanding First and Foremost - is done through practicing the quizzes. There's only 4 Days of Class. There are 1900 Online Practice questions. Take advantage of these throughout your next 30 days as they will help you pass.
4. Combination of Memory & Understanding: As you understand the concepts, the memory work will seem much easier because it's increased through understanding. You will do "memory work" in class because of the many reiterations but it's not really "memory work" as you are simply "understanding." And if you have a lot of experience and understanding already, you will be able to "pick" out the correct answers in the Exam. We will teach you the "how." Look over the memory portion every evening after class. See where the outputs become inputs to other Knowledge Areas or other processes. Use our learning methods rather than spending a lot of time memorizing. We don't encourage rote learning. Understanding is key to passing. You can apply what you understand.
5. A. If you are not already approved, then it usually takes 3 to 5 business days for PMP Exam approval.
5 B. If you are already approved, then take the Exam as soon as you have completed all of the questions and exercises following the class based upon your comfort level and whether or not you believe you understand about 72% of each quiz, especially those difficult questions you are getting wrong. Do what's right for you. Ascertain your comfort level. Do not push yourself when you are tired or know that you're not ready. It is always best to follow our Prepping guidelines nightly if you are taking the Exam the next day. If you can't do this nightly, then take 10 days to take the PMP Exam. People who take the PMP Exam the next day usually study to midnight or longer after class each day, so essentially they put in the effort - but they do it within a short time span.
6. Schedule and Take the Exam. And you are done! Let us know when you have done it!
Do we have guarantees? Yes indeed.All PMP Options in DC, WA classrooms or Live Online
✓ In Classroom Washington DC:
: Details here
✓ In Classroom Washington DC:
: Details here
In Classroom Bellevue-Seattle WA:
100% Live Online PMP Live Online: Details here ✓
If you did not pass the PMP Exam with a competitor: Details here✓
Retraining for SmartPath LLC's trainees whose 6 months have expired Details here
Prior SmartPath LLC trainees can Select day/days from $150 via Live Online
Federal Government Pricing Plus inc. Exam: Click here✓
Federal Government Pricing - No Exam: Click here✓
Other Government Agency Pricing: Click hereTestimonials