Welcome to project management certification, PMP, Program Management, Agile, Business Analysis, Professional Scheduling and other related training
Microsoft Project with Resource Management
Microsoft Project with Resource Management is a Power Learning class offered in DC, or Bellevue WA or via Live Video Conference. We teach the current Version. If you are inquiring regarding older versions for your organization, please call us at 360-584-8614.
Finding our onsite location Our DC location is close to Maryland and Virginia). The Redline Metro comes right into the building on week days and across the road on weekends and weekdays. Blueline, Orangeline and Silver Metros are close by. If you are taking the Metro bus from Seattle or Bellevue, there's a bus stop at the bottom of 156th Ave NE just near the cross street of 20th NE/ Northup. You will need a laptop or computer if you are taking your training via Live Video Conference.
Current Microsoft Project Version: 16. This class aligns to the content of Microsoft Project 2016.
Class Days and Times: 21 hours of class instruction scheduled between 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM.
Audience: Project Managers and Operations Managers
Skill to Acquire: Manage and track your projects and resources using Microsoft Project
Tools You Will Need: Your Laptop. Also download Microsoft Project onto your laptop a day or two before coming to class so you still have most of the 30-day free trial offer period for practice.
This class is power learning focused, not exam focused, therefore Microsoft Project exam prep is not relevant. The Microsoft Certification is called, Managing Projects with Microsoft Project. This class is not preparation for the Microsoft Certification. It is preparation for you to gain hands-on knowledge and practice.
How to Purchase Training: More classes may be added as these fill up. To Register for class, click on the down arrow, choose the class you want, then click on 'Add to Cart.' Classes are guaranteed to run at the time of purchase or registration so register or purchase early if you wish to save the class dates.
What The Class Covers
Days 1 & 2:
Why Use MS Project?
Overview Of Class Objectives & How MS Project Can Help You Manage & Track Your Projects
1. Brief Overview of Enterprise Process Management
2. Moving Around MS Project
3. Key Options & Settings You Will Need to Know
4. Working with Calendars
5. Communication Management Using MS Project Reporting
6. Real Time Project Development
You will be given details of a Project that you will work on in this class. With this information you will Create WBS for this Project.
You will cover:
WBS coding Tool
Estimate Duration or Work
Entering Duration or Work
Tools & Techniques used here
8. Critical Path, Network Diagrams & Dependencies As Well As Critical Chain, Lead, Lags, Float, Slack
9. Resources & Costs
Assigning Resources & Costs
Applying Tools & Techniques
Cost Performance Baseline
10. Calculation Engine & Scheduling
11. EVM & TCPI Management / Calculation/ Customization/ Instantaneous Reporting
12. Overview of Report Types & Updating Project Documents
Resource Management - Day 3:
1. Resource Management an introduction
2. Quick review of Microsoft Project 2013
3. Resource Calendars, Tasks and Security
4. Project Calendars & Resource Calendars
5. Resource Pool
6. Assigning a resource
7. Time Sheets
8. Resource Leveling
If your organization has sent you to train for a PDU benefit we will provide you the PDU triangle breakdown.
* "Provider is a member of PMI's R.E.P. Program and PMI does not specifically endorse, approve, or warrant R.E.Ps products, courses, publications or services."
PMI, the Registered Education Provider logo, PMP, PgMP, PfMP, CAPM, PMI-ACP, PMI-PBA, the PMI logo, and PMBOK are marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.