PMP(R) Back to basics - what to look up to answer the Online questions
PMP(R) Back to basics - how to answer the mock exam questions. Over 1,900 questions online cover all areas of your pmWorkbook - practice them and you will learn. Here are hints. Updated 12/30-2020.
(1) See Appendix A: Know how formulas and how they are used, Memory Joggers, Industry Jargons
(2) For general project managements questions: Look up after the Exam information, then look up your definitions. A table in the supplemental materials cross references key knowledge areas and provides key definitions.
(3) Use Workflows 1 to 15 frequently to understand information, and look up areas needing more understanding using visibility.
(4) If you're having difficulty with Situational questions also visit the Exam Review Section
(5) Exam questions you can expect: Picking the best of 4 answers, Choose 2, Choose 3 answers (out of 5 answers), matching, hotspot and fill in the blanks.
Do not apply your experience or former knowledge when trying to understand the mock exam questions, or when you are taking the PMP exam. Your experience only counts for PMP Exam approval. Your experience will not likely help you in the exam and could cause you to answer the questions incorrectly. Readjust your "experience" according to your class materials.