PMP® Certification Exam - What You Might Expect - The Fuzzy Logic - updated 1/23/16
The PMP Exam is a very dynamic exam. This is not an exam where you can pass by just knowing the information. You can only pass by applying your knowledge to situations and you will only be able to do this by practicing all types of questions thoroughly. The purpose of the practice questions is to help you understand the underlying knowledge that determines the answer in a presented situation. Avoid learning any of the practice questions by rote because it is unlikely that you will see these questions in the exam verbatim. Use cognitive thinking, logic and reasoning for each practice question. This avoids rote learning and develops cognitive tracks. Also remember that every exam is different. Don’t expect to see the same exam twice or think you will have the same PMP Exam as a friend of yours. The PMP exam requires analytical practice based on understanding. Therefore, you need to take time to think about the questions you are answering, not just rush through them. This is the why you learn interactively and it's the most important way to learn because you can apply what you understand, not what you cram. Practicing online also provides you simulated PMP Exam practice.Example
Many exam takers are now getting a few or nearly all fuzzy questions in the Exam which are very difficult. This has been happening for some time now. With the right preparation you should be able to answer any question. There is no such thing as real exam questions to practice from prior Exams. PMI does not release them and their questions are constantly changing. PMI uses an independent company experienced in exam questions to write the questions you get in the PMP exam. Therefore doing activities to prepare yourself for the Exam is important. We have a 200 question fuzzy mock exam for our people to practice as well as another final mock exam to practice and also a "what can go wrong" type of exam practice. We offer our people a total of 1967 mock questions (for the exam that started Jan 12 - 2016 following – 230 of these are in the materials - all with the analytical reasoning for you to comprehend or answers.Taking all of the above information into account, how should you prepare?
1. After class, work on the practice questions – then concentrate on the knowledge supporting the questions that you are getting wrong if you're not understanding it. Others may understand it and move on to the next question. The class you took gives you the big overview and the concepts. However, you need as much practice as you can in order to apply what you have learned. Can you answer all kinds of different ways a subject matter can be asked? The practice questions are learning tools to help you learn the concepts that drive the answers to questions. At SmartPath LLC, if you do all of our quiz practice you will cover all essential learning for the PMP Exam.
2. Prove all question wrong until you can’t so you can identify the best answer, thus avoiding rote learning, by invoking your cognitive thinking
3. You should know all areas of your pmWorkbook well, as you will likely get 20 questions on the first section. It doesn't hurt to revisit this area.
4. OTTIs+R: The exam is about Inputs, Outputs, Tools
& Techniques, Processes, Process Groups and Knowledge areas, and Roles as they relate to the processes and the process group – (all your materials concentrates on this information), plus definitions – found throughout pmWorkbook and in the back for look up, as well as general project management information such as the information in the front of your pmWorkbook, along with cross cutting skills. EVM and project management math are some of the tools & techniques. Don't miss all the extra Math practice consisting of 110 questions Online. Expect to get a lot of role based questions.
5. If you are working through your pmWorkbook, Concentrate on the # of Questions you will get within each process group – Initiating 26, Planning 48, Executing 62, M & C 50 and Closing 14
6. Example: Ask yourself if you know enough information to pass Executing with 62 questions coming from Inputs, Outputs, Tools & Techniques and Roles as they relate to the process and the process group and the definitions within this Process Group. This is the intelligent way to study
7. Practice all 1967 questions from SmartPath LLC. If you aren’t understanding 72% or more of the questions after doing your best to understand them, then review your pmWorkbook starting from Day 4 going backwards. Then repeat the quizzes. If Tools and Techniques are your difficulty, then concentrate on Quiz C. You can restart at the beginning by reading your book backwards, doing all quizzes and following. Pay attention to the 4 big areas as directed under Day 4. these instructions If you are not a SmartPath LLC trainee, think about becoming one.
1. No one helps you more.
2. Resitting is constantly available for up to 6 months if you need it, onsite when seats are available or Live Online
3. PMP Training: See all PMP options
. Click on the venue that interests you and read about all of the benefits you will receive. We have a special deal for those who have failed with our competitors. Let us help you pass the PMP Exam. Thousands of others loved their training. You will too.