PMP Certification with Exam Prep Training Outline for the 2021 PMP Exam that started 1-2-2021. (Updated 11-30-2020). See 4-day or Two Weekend PMP® Certification with Exam Prep schedules and purchase URL.
.PMP 2021 Course Outline
The PMI PMP® exam prep training content is based on the PMI Exam Content Outline (ECO), which is based on industry best practices. To ensure success in this course, the attendees should have prior knowledge and experience with basic project management concepts and basic agile concepts, and have some working experience with project management as a lead or be part of a project management team.
Most people will have this exposure: prior knowledge and experience
or agile basics
prior knowledge and experience1
: Target Students / Participants
This course is designed for individuals who have on-the-job project management experience regardless of whether their formal job role is project manager, who are not certified project management professionals, and who might or might not have received formal project management training.
This course enables candidates to develop professionally, increase their project management skills, apply a formalized and standards-based approach to project management, and seek career advancement by moving into a formal project manager job role, as well as to apply for Project Management Institute, Project Management Professional (PMP)(R) certification.High-Level Outline
The PMP course content is a practical approach to manage small, medium or large projects in real life. This content prepares individuals for the PMP Certification exam. The trainees do not need any other material to review, in order to prepare for the exam. This class content describes the project lifecycle methodologies and delineate the differences when applying tasks or processes, enablers and tools & techniques. In this class the following will be disseminated (the list below is high-level):
Business Environment and Governance – depicted in SmartPath LLC’s workflows2
1. Understand organization, VUCA*, EEF* and OPA
2. Identify stakeholders (relevant & key) understand their power, interest, influence and impact
3. Determine business benefits and values, determine investment and ROI
4. Obtain expectations, boundary, vision, and governance
5. Evaluate impact of external and internal changes, keeping the business in mind
6. Determine appropriate project methodology
Starting the Project – depicted in workflows
1. Create plans for all subject areas that need to be managed and controlled (performance measurements and controlling changes)
2. Develop baselines (scope, time, and budget)
3. Manage project activities, acquire high-performance management team
4. Create request for proposal for the raw materials and vendor resources
5. Create an environment for integrating all project artifacts
6. Create risks related responses and finalize the plans
7. Obtain approval of the plan based on governance structure
Doing the Work – depicted in workflows
1. Develop deliverables, acquire high-performance staff
2. Engage stakeholders, manage contracts, and vendors
3. Lead the teams (throughout)
4. Keep the Team on Track
5. Support team performance
6. Collect work performance data to create work performance reports. Distribute score cards and dashboards according to the communications and stakeholder engagements plans
7. Validate deliverables (test and validation, performed in quality assurance and quality control)
8. Obtain stakeholder acceptance on tested and validated deliverables
9. Closing, Transition, and benefits realization – depicted in workflows
1. Manage project issues (throughout)
2. Ensure knowledge transfer and benefits realization for project continuity
3. Managing project artifacts (throughout). Archive all project artifacts.
4. Close project and transition to operations
5. Deliver project benefits and value (benefits realization continues)
*VUCA: Volatility & Emotions, Uncertainty & Constraints, Compliance & Complexity, Assumptions & Ambiguity
* EEF: Enterprise Environmental Factors
* OPA: Organizational Process Assets
1 - Some sources are found in the PMI® Authorized PMP® Exam Prep book.
2 - SmartPath LLC provides digital copies of the PMP Workflows for 100% Live Online training on the first day of class and print copies for onsite organizational training. Print copies are available in 11 x 17 inch size only.