Six Sigma Yellow Belt Training (Lean) onsite in Bellevue, WA (near Seattle) or Troy, MI or via Live Online Video Conference ET or PT time zones. check back for more schedules later. Six Sigma Yellow belt training provides a broad understanding of Six Sigma and lean methodologies. In this training the participants learn, understand and use basic tools for process improvement. You will need some algebra. This class is exam-focused so you can gain the skills you need to pass the ASQ Yellow Belt Certification Exam. PMI PDU Item # is SSYB-2. The SSYB exam and ASQ fees are not included in the price. Local exam dates are listed in the table to the left.
This is an open book exam. Even so, practice is important in order to pass the exam. You may take this training in order to pass the exam, or to receive a great overview of Six Sigma so you understand it more, or to earn PDUs for a PMI®) Certification or other certification that allows it.
You may find exam dates at www.prometric.comThe ASQ Exam, penalty fees or ASQ membership fees are not included in the training price.
PMI PDU # SSYB-2. See PDU Details Below
if you are updating your PMI certifications.Audience:
This class is primarily designed for those who want to have some working knowledge of Six Sigma or they have a small role, interest or need to develop foundational knowledge, or for someone who desires a good overview of Six Sigma knowledge. Yellow belts can be entry level employees or executive champions who require an overview. This class will prepare you for the SSYB exam.Math for Six Sigma:
This class requires a good understanding of algebra.
You may take this class for the SSYB certification exam, for professional development, or for an executive overview of Six Sigma. We offer this large occasionally, so if you see available dates, please make arrangements to take it.Instructor:
Mo Haque, PMP, PMI-PBA, PMI-ACP, EDMP-2, Six Sigma Greenbelt, CMfgT (Certified Manufacturing Technologist - equal to Black Belt) from Society of Manufacturing Engineers. He has global experience in managing large projects and quality teams, for Manufacturing, IT, Retail, Engineering Education and Process Improvement. Class Dates & Times:
See the above "add to cart" Menu. Just click on the down arrow to see all available dates.Method of Training & Locations: Onsite or Live Online:
1) Bellevue, WA - SmartPath LLC - 2018 156th Ave NE, Bellevue, WA 98007. Parking is Free. Bellevue, WA is in the Great Seattle Metropolitan area in Northern Washington State.
2) Washington, DC: SmartPath LLC, 1050 Connecticut Ave NW, Floor 5, Suite 500, Washington, DC 20036. Click here
for directions and DC Metro & Parking Information & Instructions
3) Troy, MI: 100 W Big Beaver Rd, Suite 200, Troy, MI 48084
4) 100% Live Video Conference Class using your computer, or tablet within the US. Training is hosted from both the East & West Coast of the U.S. We do not accept cellphone connections. All class instructions will be sent after we process your order.SSYB Applicant Work Experience requirements
One year of work experience in one or more areas of Six Sigma Yellow Belt Body of Knowledge - can be a small role or interest. Experience varies from entry level to executives who need a Six Sigma Overview. See asq.org for more information.
Summary of Education Requirements & Work Experience:
1. Education Requirements for the SSYB exam:
2 year degree from a Technical School, or Associate Degree and Up
2. Work Experience Requirements for the SSYB exam:
One year of work experience. Must be related to SSYB experience. Note: Project management projects, and BA projects have quality management. Also see above.SSYB Exam Fee:
Non-ASQ Member: $394, ASQ member: $244.
ASQ Fees are subject to change without notice.How to Purchase Training :
(1) Click on the down arrow in the menu. Then click on the dates you want. Then click "add to cart."
(2) To guarantee your seat, don't wait! Many people join 6 weeks in advance. To Register for Class, Click on the "Add to Cart" button above and join the class now! Payment will be required at the same time.
If the class is showing it is still available for you to join, although it is may be necessary to register at least 4 to 6 weeks before the first day of class to get a seat or to hold the class date. This class is held occasionally, depending on demand or availability in the schedule. Group discounts are for groups taking the class on the same day. You may use either a credit card, a debit card or PayPal.
This means that even if one person purchases the class, it will go forward. SmartPath LLC also has the right to cancel a posted class at any time, provided no one has purchased the class.
(4) The following purchase directions are for Live Video Conference Learners
(a) For Live Video Conference Learners:
U.S. Purchases Only - Lower 48 States: Please order at least 4 business days in advance of training
so we can mail out your materials. Please purchase by Tuesday morning if you wish to join a weekend class and receive delivery Friday or Saturday via US Post Office Priority Medium Flat Box or let us know if you want overnight week day U.S.P.S. delivery and you want us to add $60 to your purchase.
(b) For Live Video Conference Learners:
U.S. Purchases Only - Alaska & Hawaii :
Purchasing 10 days in advance may be more prudent. You will pay the postage amount minus the allowable USPS flat rate box rate of $13.65 or the going rate. You will be provided a quote as well as a link to pay for the postage. Exception: There is no charge for postage to anchorage.About Six Sigma Yellow Belt
Six Sigma Yellow belt training provides a broad understanding of Six Sigma and lean methodologies. In this training the participants learn, understand and use basic tools for process improvement. The participants, after completing the training and or passing the ASQ certification exam, will be able to contribute to Six Sigma projects. Executives will have a substantial overview of Six Sigma.About the SSYB Exam
It is comprised of multiple choice questions over a two hour period. You will answer 10 pretest unscored questions and 75 scored questions. It is in English only. Exam dates are posted at prometric.com. You will be examined on the Yellow Belt body of knowledge which can be affected by the dynamic changes within manufacturing and service industries. You will practice some previous exam questions during class.You will now take your SSYB exam date at Prometric.
Applications reach ASQ on time or there is a $50 penalty fee charged by ASQ. Pay your exam to ASQ and any fees.
If your examination application is not received by 11:59 AM Central (US) Time by the date they announce, you will owe ASQ the late fee. See ASQ.org for cut-off times based on when you want to submit your application.Role of a Yellow Belt
Participates as a project contributor by using the Six Sigma tools and Process Data Analysis in process improvement projects.Learning Objectives
• Understand Lean Six Sigma concepts.
• Connect Lean Six Sigma concepts to the business objectives.
• Learn DMAIC five-step process improvement.
• Development of the Lean Six Sigma project charter.
• Understand the use of process maps, Pareto charts, affinity diagrams, trend charts, control charts, and histograms.
• Learn root cause analysis.
• Learn failure mode and effects analysis.
• Understand "control plan" to prevent process sliding.
Some parts of this Outline :
A. What is Six Sigma
B. Differences between Six Sigma and TQM
2. Tools for Improvement (statistical tools & process control)
A. Six Sigma Project Definition
B. Metric Definition
3. Tools for Improvement (statistical tools & control charts)
A. Value Stream Analysis
B. Improve processes
C. Control Processes and documentationYou Will Receive
1. Yellow Belt Six Sigma Workbook
2. Certificate for 21 hours of training - 3 days
3. Coffee, tea and small snacks provided for onsite traineesPDU Details - 21 PDUs
: T = Technical for the certification; L = Leadership; S = Strategic. For TLS breakdown:
PMP®/PgMP PDUs: T/L/S: 10/5/6
PMI-ACP PDU: T/L/S: 0/5/6
PfMP PDU: T/L/S: 10/5/6
PMI-PBA PDU: T/L/S: 15/5/6
PMP, CAPM, PMI-ACP, PMI-PBA, PgMP, PfMP, PMI-SP, PMI, RMP, PMI, and PMBOK, are the registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.