Six Sigma Yellow Belt Training (Lean) onsite in Bellevue, WA (near Seattle) or Troy, MI or via Live Online Video Conference ET or PT time zones. check back for more schedules later. Six Sigma Yellow belt training provides a broad understanding of Six Sigma and lean methodologies. In this training the participants learn, understand and use basic tools for process improvement. You will need some Statistical Math. This class is exam-focused so you can gain the skills you need to pass the ASQ Yellow Belt Certification Exam. PMI PDU Item # is SSYB-2. The SSYB exam and ASQ fees are not included in the price. Local exam dates are listed in the table to the left.
This is an open book exam. Even so, practice is important in order to pass the exam. You may take this training in order to pass the exam, or to receive a great overview of Six Sigma so you understand it more, or to earn PDUs for a PMI®) Certification or other certification that allows it.The ASQ Exam, penalty fees or ASQ membership fees are not included in the training price.
PMI PDU # SSYB-2. See PDU Details Below
if you are updating your PMI certifications.Audience:
This class is primarily designed for those who want to have some working knowledge of Six Sigma or they have a small role, interest or need to develop foundational knowledge, or for someone who desires a good overview of Six Sigma knowledge. Yellow belts can be entry level employees or executive champions who require an overview. This class will prepare you for the SSYB exam. You can also take a Prerequisite Statistical Math class
prior to training if your math is rusty.Math for Six Sigma:
This class requires some Statistical Math for Six Sigma. While you will use a scientific calculator you need to understand what you are calculating.
You may take this class for the SSYB certification exam, for professional development or for an executive overview of Six Sigma. You should know some Statistical Math if you plan to take the certification exam.Instructor:
Mo Haque, PMP, PMI-PBA, PMI-ACP, EDMP-2, Six Sigma Greenbelt, CMfgT (Certified Manufacturing Technologist) from Society of Manufacturing Engineers. He has global experience in managing large projects and quality teams, for Manufacturing, IT, Retail, Engineering Education and Process Improvement. Dates & Times:
See the above "add to cart" Menu. Just click on the down arrow to see all available dates.Method of Training & Locations: Onsite or Live Online:
1) Bellevue, WA - SmartPath LLC - 2018 156th Ave NE, Bellevue, WA 98007. Parking is Free. Bellevue, WA is in the Great Seattle Metropolitan area in Northern Washington State.
2) Washington, DC: SmartPath LLC, 1050 Connecticut Ave NW, Floor 5, Suite 500, Washington, DC 20036. Click here
for directions and DC Metro & Parking Information & Instructions
3) 100% Live Video Conference Class using your computer, or tablet within the US. Training is hosted from both the East & West Coast of the U.S. We do not accept cellphone connections. All class instructions will be sent after we process your order.SSYB Applicant Work Experience requirements
One year of work experience in one or more areas of Six Sigma Yellow Belt Body of Knowledge - can be a small role or interest. Experience varies from entry level to executives who need a Six Sigma Overview. See asq.org for more information.
Summary of Education Requirements & Work Experience:
1. Education Requirements for the SSYB exam:
2 year degree from a Technical School, or Associate Degree and Up
2. Work Experience Requirements for the SSYB exam:
One year of work experience. Must be related to SSYB experience. Note: Project management projects, and BA projects have quality management. Also see above.SSYB Exam Fee:
Non-Member: $394, ASQ member: $244.
ASQ Fees are subject to change without notice.How to Purchase Training & Related Information:
(1) Click on the down arrow in the menu. Then click on the dates you want. Then click "add to cart."
(2) To guarantee your seat, don't wait! Many people join 6 weeks in advance. To Register for Class, Click on the "Add to Cart" button above and join the class now! Payment will be required at the same time.
If the class is showing it is still available for you to join, although it is may be necessary to register at least 4 to 6 weeks before the first day of class to get a seat or to hold the class date. This class is held one to three times per year or depending on demand. Group discounts are for groups taking the class on the same day. You may use either a credit card, or debit card or PayPal.
This means that even if one person purchases the class, it will go forward. SmartPath LLC also has the right to cancel a posted class at any time, provided no one has purchased the class.
(4) The following purchase directions are for Live Video Conference Learners
(a) For Live Video Conference Learners:
U.S. Purchases Only - Lower 48 States: Please order at least 4 business days in advance of training
so we can mail out your materials. Please purchase by Tuesday morning if you wish to join a weekend class and receive delivery Friday or Saturday via US Post Office Priority Medium Flat Box or let us know if you want overnight week day U.S.P.S. delivery and you want us to add $60 to your purchase.
(b) For Live Video Conference Learners:
U.S. Purchases Only - Alaska & Hawaii :
Purchasing 10 days in advance may be more prudent. You will pay the postage amount minus the allowable USPS flat rate box rate of $13.65 or the going rate. You will be provided a quote as well as a link to pay for the postage. Exception: There is no charge for postage to anchorage.About Six Sigma Yellow Belt
Six Sigma Yellow belt training provides a broad understanding of Six Sigma and lean methodologies. In this training the participants learn, understand and use basic tools for process improvement. The participants, after completing the training and passing the ASQ certification exam, will be able to contribute to Six Sigma projects.About the SSYB Exam
It is comprised of multiple choice questions over a two hour period. You will answer 10 pretest unscored questions and 75 scored questions. It is in English only. it is an open book exam. See dates in the table on this page for 2016 to 2017 years. Our next class is in 2017. You will be examined on the Yellow Belt body of knowledge which can be affected by the dynamic changes within manufacturing and service industries. You will practice some previous exam questions during class.You will now take your SSYB exam date at Prometric. The exam window aligns to the application dates.
Applications reach ASQ on time or there is a $50 penalty fee charged by ASQ. Pay your exam to ASQ and any fees. You will put the closest section on your application form.
If your examination application is not received by 11:59 AM Central (US) Time, you will owe ASQ the late fee.Role of a Yellow Belt
Participates as a project contributor by using the Six Sigma tools and Process Data Analysis in process improvement projects.Learning Objectives will be updated before the end of 2017
• Understand Lean Six Sigma concepts.
• Connect Lean Six Sigma concepts to the business objectives.
• Learn DMAIC five-step process improvement.
• Development of the Lean Six Sigma project charter.
• Understand the use of process maps, Pareto charts, affinity diagrams, trend charts, control charts, and histograms.
• Learn root cause analysis.
• Learn failure mode and effects analysis.
• Understand "control plan" to prevent process sliding.
Some parts of this Outline is being written and will appear here by the end of 2016:
A. What is Six Sigma
B. Differences between Six Sigma and TQM
2. Tools for Improvement (statistical tools & process control)
A. Six Sigma Project Definition
B. Metric Definition
3. Tools for Improvement (statistical tools & control charts)
A. Value Stream Analysis
B. Improve processes
C. Control Processes and documentationYou Will Receive
1. Yellow Belt Six Sigma Workbook
2. Certificate for 21 hours of training - 3 days
3. Coffee, tea and small snacks provided for onsite traineesPDU Details - 21 PDUs
: T = Technical for the certification; L = Leadership; S = Strategic. For TLS breakdown:
PMP®/PgMP PDUs: T/L/S: 10/5/6
PMI-ACP PDU: T/L/S: 0/5/6
PfMP PDU: T/L/S: 10/5/6
PMI-PBA PDU: T/L/S: 15/5/6
PMP, CAPM, PMI-ACP, PMI-PBA, PgMP, PfMP, PMI-SP, PMI, RMP, PMI, and PMBOK, are the registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.